Saturday, January 27, 2007

lump, bump, lymph...

well this past week had me a bit scared. i recently found a lump under my armpit by my breast. i was scared to say the least. of course, i immediately thought i was going to die and not get to see our little girl grow up... which is probably the worst feeling in the world. i called my gyno and made an appointment immediately. they took me the next day... at the earliest appointment time... (that means 30 minutes before the doctor ever arrives). i LOVE my gyno office. they are THE BEST! when i got there, the nurse (who was with me the day we lost zain- a whole different blog topic), took me back to do an ultrasound (shhh dont tell the dr... so you dont have to pay for it). within 2 minutes, she had the wand on my bump, and my mind eased as she said, "girl, take a valium, that is an infected lymph node, your body is covered with lymph nodes and it will go away... you are not going to die!" wooooohooooo.... thank the LORD! we went to the exam room to wait for the dr. to finally arrive (he makes hospital visits first of course). he felt around on my itty bitty titties as well and said the same thing... and that, " if you weighed 50 more pounds you would have never found that little bump." my mom was ever so nice to tell me that the only reason i found it was because it was bigger than what my boobs have shrunk down to be after a year of nursing a healthy little girl. yes girls, i am just about back into a training bra. anyways, with calmed nerves and the promise of another day here on earth with my family, i said my goodbyes and drove home, calling my prayer warriors and thanking them for sending up some much needed prayers of health to GOD. for those of you who dont know what an infected lymph node feels like, it is like a raisin (or at least mine was)... it moves around a little bit, not totally hard, etc. if you find one that feels like this, dont freak out like me, but do call your dr. to get a peace of mind.

1 comment:

Blue Angel said...

Glad to know that you are okay!!