Friday, March 2, 2007

5th grade

ok. how many of you have started watching that new show, "are you smarter than a 5th grader?" i think it is hilarious. where do they find some of these contestants? like the first guy. a ucla law school graduate, that couldn't get ONE question right. the concept of the game is great. the wording of a few questions may make you second guess yourself, but for the most part, they are easy as pie to answer. i guess once you get into the business world you forget certain things. like what REM stands for or which boat the pilgrims came to america on. i think it would be great to put a teacher on there. surely they could get all of the questions right and score an easy one million dollars which, lets face it, is 25 times the yearly salary of a teacher. i know uncle sam would have to take his part, but that would pretty much be enough for a teacher to retire on! i guess if you were a teacher though, they would either, a. not allow you on the show, or b. you would have to go on under an alias like lawyer, brain surgeon, or some other high paid profession. if you have not watched the show yet, i recommend you put your brain to work one night to see how smart you are or at least how much you remember from grade school because let's think about it... everyone should know that polar bears do not eat penguins!

5 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

I wish I had remembered to watch that!

Blue Angel said...

I didn't get to see the entire show the other night, but the part I did see had me laughing my butt off. : )

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ok, I did know that polar bears don't eat penguins, but I did not realize they lived on separate ends of the earth. So, I learned something. The only question I didn't answer correctly was "what month is Columbus day celebrated?". I thought it was September. All I know is the stores have sales, lol.

Silly Hily said...

Oh I have missed a lot of questions on that show. But I have also answered a few correctly that I was surprised I had remember. Like, who was the first president to be impeached.
I LOVE the show though. It's a good brain charger.

What The Hell Is This? said...

I have watched it once and love it.. I make fun of J.